1951 Signal Model 1649 "Cool Spot" Oscillating Fan

1951 Signal Model 1649 "Cool Spot" Oscillating Fan Video Clips. Duration : 1.62 Mins.


This is a fan I've had for a while, it is a 16" model. I just got finished re-wiring it and giving it a good servicing which included blowing dust out of the motor (wasn't much there), giving the greasy old gearbox a good cleaning with Brake Cleaner and putting fresh Lubri-Plate onto the gears (rear bearing got a good dose of Zoom Spout as well before getting grease packed around it) and giving the front bearing a good dose of Zoom Spout. This fan also got new wiring from the motor to the switch and the switch to the wall. When I got it, someone had an old vacuum cord as the line cord and bell wire from the switch to the motor. I'll give details on the new wiring when I put the bullet back on and re-video this fan. I still need to align the blades which have a slight wobble and do a finish detail on the paint, which still looks quite nice even though it shows its age. A video of the completed fan should be up in the next few days As I mention in the vid, this sucker's on High speed. Even going at this speed, this is a quiet runner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment