Episode 94 :: The Decisive Moment - Part 1

Episode 94 :: The Decisive Moment - Part 1 Tube. Duration : 19.35 Mins.


theartofphotography.tv So today by request - I'm going to do talk about the Decisive Moment. For those not in the know, "the Decisive Moment" is a phrase attributed to the great French photojournalist, Henri Cartier-Bresson. Bresson defined this as a photographer's intuitive ability to understand the precise moment of clicking the shutter when all elements are perfectly in place. The most perfect image can only be made at this "decisive moment". I love Cartier-Bresson - he's a huge influence on me. I have some thoughts about what exactly this meant that I want to share with you in this episode. This is largely opinion and we might not agree, but I really feel like what he meant by this has been distorted and turned to myth by photographers and photography fans that have put the Cartier-Bresson legacy on a pedestal. From Henri himself www.youtube.com The two photographers I'm contrasting in this talk art Bresson and Robert Frank who couldn't be more opposite in the style of their work. But I like to talk about them together because I believe both had "decisive moments" that meant different things to them. en.wikipedia.org en.wikipedia.org Don't for get to get on the Art of Photography mailing list! theartofphotography.tv

0 comments:

Post a Comment